Kéré Architecture is looking for an experienced project and studio administrator to join its team full time at their Berlin studio.
The internationally renowned studio works on projects of various sizes across all continents and is home to an international group of architects. Kéré Architecture has received critical acclaim across its last 15 years of being through both its particular approach to design and the norm-bending background of its principal founder Francis Kéré. Currently the team is working on major projects in Senegal, Benin and Germany.
The individual we seek would cover these areas of work:
- Project coordination and administration for ongoing and upcoming projects across all building phases.
- Studio-wide team coordination
- Writing of offers for new project requests and assisting management in administration for acquisitions.
- Communication between all partners including sub-contractors and client
- Preparation in cooperation with legal representation of all contracts
- Coordination with press team for timely communication of project
With the following qualifications and skill:
- A total of 5-10 years in a comparable role at a mid- to large-scale architectural studio either located in Germany or with a significant number of projects in Germany.
- A degree in either the architectural field or business administration
- Practical experience working in an international setting including for projects where client, studio and project are in different locations
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of the German HOAI regulations across all phases and the proven ability to write offers adhering to this framework
- German and English fluency is a must, as well as a base-level of French
- Practical experience in leading the administrative aspect in collaboration with architects
And the below approach:
- Reliable, detail-orientated and discreet
- Ability to work both without directive and in cooperation across various fields of the studio
- Willingness to pick up new skills and apply experience in a sensitive manner to the particularities of the studio
- Excellent communication skills across the above languages
- Love for spreadsheets, dotting is and crossing ts, yet flexible enough to adapt to a variety of geographical realities
- All-hands-on-deck attitude when the relatively small size of the studio requires work to be done that may be a little outside the day-to-day scope