We are hiring a:
EDITORIAL DIRECTOR ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN (F/M/D) located in Basel or Berlin at the earliest possible date. This is a permanent, full-time position.
In this role, you are responsible for the complete architecture and design program of Birkhäuser in acquisition and production as well as for its continuous expansion. You report to the Vice President of De Gruyter's Arts & Architecture Group (AAG).
- Sound professional experience in a comparable position in the publishing industry
- Very good knowledge of the architecture scene with a programmatic focus on print and digital products
- A strong network and very good contacts to experts, scientists and corresponding institutions
- Communicative skills in dealing with external and internal discussion partners, ability to work under pressure and substantial experience in team management
- Organizational skills as well as a goal and schedule oriented, structured way of working with secure priority setting
- Very good English language skills, knowledge of another foreign language, especially French, is advantageous
- Overall responsibility for planning, acquisition and implementation of the annual program
- Further development of the international architecture and design program
- Innovative further development of the digital product portfolio (databases and individual digital products, AR titles, e-books, open access
- Management and consulting of the team in the Basel, Vienna and Berlin offices with personnel responsibility for all colleagues in editorial and production
- Close cooperation with sales, marketing, communications and controlling
- Representation of the publishing house inside and outside the company
We offer you:
- An exciting professional challenge at one of the innovation drivers in the publishing industry
- Cooperation with motivated colleagues in cross-location teams and international corporate structures
- Extensive social benefits such as capital-forming payments, support for retirement funds, etc.
- Company and team events as well as various offers in the areas of culture and fitness
Are you interested?
We look forward to your application through our career Portal: https://de-gruyter.jobbase.io/job/d7p9r511
Genthiner Str. 13